by The Roving Reporter
Johanna and Victoria present how to bake Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies (Kids Bake ‘Em Cookies). Recipe and video by Elisabeth Fong.
Mrs Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
2. ½ teaspoon baking soda
3. 1/8 teaspoon salt
4. ½ cup salted butter, softened
5. ¼ cup white sugar
6. ½ cup honey
7. 1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 170oC.
2. In a small bowl combine the flour, soda and salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. In another medium bowl blend the butter, sugar and honey with an electric mixer at medium speed. Beat until light and soft. Then, scrape the sides of the bowl.
4. Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and blend at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
5. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets about 1½ inches apart.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
This cookie may be soft and mushy when first taken out of the oven. Cool for around one to two minutes before transferring to a cool, flat surface. If the bottom of the cookie is still soft after cooling, bake for another minute or so until completely baked.