. Seasons in Life .
Life is not a bed of roses. Wrought with adversity and pain, many a time its bleakness threatens to seep into our souls, stealing whatever small ray of hope we might hold close. Like the crashing ocean waves, changes sweep us to the irregular tempo of its fickle whims – an exhaustive routine of uprooting and re-planting. Uncertainty is certain. Still, in the midst of this humourless game of jeopardy, we can rest easy knowing He is always near. In this fifth issue, The Homeschool Gazette captures journeys as they are being traveled. Journaling transitions that take us from season to season, walk with us as we explore topics such as relocation, educational paths, entrepreneurship, and even the growth towards womanhood! So grab your favourite autumn drink, wind down, and dig into this sumptuous feast of inked odysseys.
Bon voyage & bon appétit!
Editor in Chief
Table of Contents:
Column Editor: Eunice Tan
Do you have a wild, creative side that explores art and creativity? Then you have come to the write column! “Our Craft” is an entire column dedicated to showcasing short stories, poems, art, and all forms of creative expression, such as comics and music! We also cover articles about personal growth, so stay on a lookout for those too! Get ready for a thrilling ride!
- Procrastination Process by Ru Yi
- What Next? by Ranen Chan
- Salami Pizza Guy: Malaysia to America by Eunice Chan
- Meme Guide to THG (staff sign up!) by Liz Koh & THG’s SET
- Where is School? by Ru Yi
- Impact of a Country’s Physical Features by Drew Fong
- A Reason to Live by Liz Koh
Column Editor: Jessica Shepherd
Shining light on the current, upcoming, and important, Spotlight column is your hub of interviews, reviews, events, and many more! Want to know what’s coming up in the next month? No problem, we’ve got you covered. Or perhaps you missed a particular homeschool event…we’ve got an article for that too! Stay tuned to be in the know.
- Transitioning Back to School By studybug
- Girl Talk: Womanhood featuring Eunice Tan & Liz Koh
- Yes, It’s Another Boy by Kristen Lin
- Step Inside a Homeschool Home featuring Dawn Fung
- Homeschool to Polytechnic featuring Tan Tze Xuan
- Because I Didn’t Want to Just Say, “I Believe” by Seraphine Chong
- End of Year Goals by Emily Grace Seow
- Back to School Tips! featuring Liz Koh, Jessica Shepherd, Eunice Tan, & Alan Jambulatov
- Life and Mental Blocks by studybug
Column Editor: Alan Jambulatov
Lifestyle is a column dedicated to exploring the inner workings of our everyday lives. Whether through learning about sports or trying new food, we aim to bring new experiences and perspectives to life. Additionally, the Lifestyle Column seeks to provide knowledge of global phenomenons and detail the business world, all aspects which impact our daily lives and surroundings.
- There are No Clashes of Civilizations Between China and the US by Tiffany Chen
- My family’s transition from Astana, Kazakhstan, to western New York by Micah Ford
- What does Durian taste like? by Zoe Kim
- Five perspectives of psychology and the Biblical worldview by Phoebe Lim
- The Startup Phase by Alan Jambulatov