. Home .
When you think of ‘home’, what springs to mind?
Warm embraces bathed in familial love, a country flag proudly flapping in the wind, or perhaps a specific dish cooked by grandma rolls the word ‘home’ onto your tongue. In this issue, we explore the different facets of belonging and what home truly means. From an eye opening interview with a formerly homeschooled Singaporean serving National Service to an inspiring personal story about fitting in, The Homeschool Gazette has a plethora of topics to offer. So grab yourself a cup of tea, find a comfortable spot, and nestle into the words and pictures that capture our journeys.
Editor in Chief
Table of Contents:
Column Editor: Eunice Tan
Do you have a wild, creative side that explores art and creativity? Then you have come to the write column! “Our Craft” is an entire column dedicated to showcasing short stories, poems, art, and all forms of creative expression, such as comics and music! We also cover articles about personal growth, so stay on a lookout for those too! Get ready for a thrilling ride!
- Why “Talent”? by Aaron Chan
- H.O.M.E. by Hoo Ru Yi
- Where is Your Home? by Ranen Chan
- Home is Where the Heart is…and the Wifi! by Christopher Hitchens
- The Prodigal Son by Le En
- Home is a Safe Place by Le En
- Homeless: Calling All Loners! by Eunice Tan
- My Calligraphy Journey by Abigail Teo
- Pros and Cons of Homeschooling: A Child’s Perspective by Homeschooler
- Magnetic Shielding Experiment by Drew Fong
Column Editor: Jessica Shepherd
Shining light on the current, upcoming, and important, Spotlight column is your hub of interviews, reviews, events, and many more! Want to know what’s coming up in the next month? No problem, we’ve got you covered. Or perhaps you missed a particular homeschool event…we’ve got an article for that too! Stay tuned to be in the know.
- Family: The Heart of the Matter by Team Solidarity 合 & Liz Koh
- Interview with Former Homeschooler Serving Singapore National Service by Jessica Shepherd
- Special Guest Interview from the Other Side of the World by Eunice Tan
- Glow Up with Mom: what participants say by Kristen & Julia
- Home’s Cool with Teens by Jessica Shepherd & Liz Koh
- Babysitting Overanalysed by Ethan Tan
- West Sports Group with FCA by Sharon Tay
- The Narrow Way – West Sports Group by Sharon Tay
- Homeschool Sports Fellowship@Kovan by Drew Fong
- HSF Kovan End-of-Semester Party by Drew Fong
Column Editor: Alan Jambulatov
Lifestyle is a column dedicated to exploring the inner workings of our everyday lives. Whether through learning about sports or trying new food, we aim to bring new experiences and perspectives to life. Additionally, the Lifestyle Column seeks to provide knowledge of global phenomenons and detail the business world, all aspects which impact our daily lives and surroundings.
- Level Up by Phoebe Lim
- Corruption by Alan Jambulatov
- Multicultural Worship by Nehemiah Yen
- Willpower by Micah Ford
- Le Meilleur by Alan Jambulatov
- A Personal Narrative on French Cuisine by Joel Benicourt
- SPORTS, RECORDS, LIFE by Zakhar Bannikov
- In Pursuit by Tiffany Chen
- Embarking by Alan Jambulatov
- Finding a Good Recipe by Zoe Kim
- Personal Training with HS Mom Angela by Anon
Check out the Editorial Team behind this issue!
Send words of encouragement to the staff below! Your kind words are cherished.